Nine Principles of the Ecology of Caring™
- Our Web of Life (Social):
Our EarthWonders Community is a dynamic whole dependent upon one
another and our families. We are committed for the long term to our
own well-being, each other, our community and our planet.
- Grace for All Seasons (Emotional):
Our EarthWonders Community is inspired by our lives together, our sense
of purpose, and our many connections. We invest our gifts in our
community at all ages and all phases of life.
- Perennial Wisdom (Intellectual):
Our EarthWonders Community is strengthened by combining our individual
and collective wisdom with Nature's 3.8B years of experience. We are
continually learning and sharing.
- Living on the Edge (Spiritual):
In our EarthWonders Community we prospect at the edge where great
things happen; where gaining access to life- and health-giving resources
at the Source inevitably involves both risks and rewards.
- The Butterfly's Effect (Cultural):
In our EarthWonders Community, each day is a day where we intentionally
honor our roots, make a difference and create a story that lives
throughout our lifetime and beyond.
- Where Currents Merge (Occupational):
In our EarthWonders Community each of us has a job for life; a job
honoring and celebrating the power of the moment. We honor the
reciprocal nature of care - both giving and receiving.
- Life in A Wheelbarrow (Physical):
Our EarthWonders Community is fully engaged in actively living life as
part of nature, both indoors and out. We use all our senses to fully
enjoy the wonders of nature.
- Naturally Inspired by Design (Environmental):
Our EarthWonders Community is designed to support all life. Using
Nature as a model and a mentor, our environments are vibrant sources of
- True Abundance Found in Sustainable Living (Financial): Our EarthWonders Community measures true health and true wealth by focusing on people, planet, and prosperity.